Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 5 months ago

How much did your first car cost?

Also, if you want to answer, did you buy it, did someone else buy it for you, or some kind of split?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

$300 for a '64 Impala. I bought it. My neighbor souped it up. He was a motorhead. 3/4 race cam, duel quads, new lifters, a newer trans & a pick up rear. About 500 horse.

• 5 months ago

$1200. Was a 1982 Dodge Aries K car, used. I bought it in 1990, when I was 16

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

about $1000 german marks and one mark was worth a shilling UK 1000 shillings  so about 90 pounds  sterling it was a 1954 220 Mercedes Benz an ex german police car

• Neil
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

£3,800 in 1994, for a 1991 Rover Metro. Bought it myself, and also paid to have a Cat1-approved alarm/immobiliser fitted as I planned to take it to West London, where car crime was quite high at the time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

It was about $25,000 after tax & finance. Parents bought it for me. I rarely drove it though, only to school and back so it had like 3,000 miles per year.

• 5 months ago

$125.  I bought it. 

• Sathi
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

$0. My first car was a hand-me-down from my dad. It was our high mileage family car, drab in appearance, but I couldn't complain. I was starting college in a distant city and needed my own transportation. He was buying a new car anyway, so the timing was perfect. I bought my own car a few years later.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

My first car was $40, a 49 ford. Next was $50, a 50 dodge. And a lot more in that price range over the next 5 years.. The dodge was called the black widow because the rear passenger window was broken and a black widow was painted on it..

• F
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

£3850 in 1982 for a brand new Ford Fiesta 1.1L. Saved up through summer jobs through uni but had to “ borrow” about £500 from my Dad.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

My first I  split with two friend. Total was  $225, never got it to run sold it for what we paid. It was a '66 Chevelle Malibu six with 3-on- the- tree. This was in '75 so it was just considered an "old car", not a classic. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.