Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

If I get mad at my parents for this, is it wrong?

They promised to take me overseas next summer 2021. I've been waiting literally years for this. Now they say that they're "unsure" due to the pandemic and travel restrictions. If I get mad at them if we can't go, is that wrong? I mean, I don't think it's wrong cause I've been waiting years for this. We're going to my dream destination and I'm excited as heck. I'm 16.

Yes, it’s wrong to get mad at them over something they have no control over. Experts are still unsure when the pandemic could end, but most of them are saying definitely no earlier than mid-2021, and it could potentially last into 2022 - so it might still be going on next summer. Many countries still have their borders closed to travelers because of the pandemic, and could continue to have them closed. That’s not your parents’ fault. If anything, be mad at the governments of foreign countries, not your parents.

If they could of, they would have but it's better to be safe than sorry and not travel unnecessarily. Don't be mad, be happy you still have your parents, a 17 year old lost both of his due to covid. 

Lets suppose if anyone get infected or you get cought by covid then who'll be responsible? You or your dream

• Mark

It is beyond your control, so yes, it is wrong. I am sorry if you were looking for "confirmation bias"  ("if someone says what I think is true, it must be").