Do you believe in Once Saved, Always Saved?

Why or why not?

• Liz
    Favorite Answer

No, I do not. According to Matthew 24:13 "But the one who has endured to the end will be saved." 

A person’s final salvation is not determined at the moment that he begins to put faith in Jesus.

Philippians 2:12 "Consequently, my beloved ones, just as you have always obeyed, not only during my presence but now much more readily during my absence, keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling. "

Paul urged the Philippians not to be overly confident but to realize that their final salvation was not yet assured. Keep working indicates it is an ongoing effort.

• Paul

Yes. However, no-one is actually saved until they are in Heaven. As long as we are alive on Earth, we are either on the road to salvation or on the road away from salvation, and we all know people who have switched from one road to the other at various times in their lives.

• Otto

No.  Mathew 24:13 reads:" Hr who endures to the end will be saved."  (So a person's final salvation is not determined at the moment that he follows Jesus.)

Because of 2 Pet. 2:20-22, Heb. 6:4-6, Gal. 5:4 we believe it is possible to be even more lost than before conversion.

There aren't many jobs where you remain employed if you are not progressing. 

Each day you know more: You know more, you do more: You can gain your place in the Kingdom; you can lose your place in the Kingdom.

• sarah

No there is a scripture that says, he who endures to the end is the one who will be saved.  So if after being saved you fall into sin you are no longer saved.

• BJ

Absolutely not

Is it possible to lose that grip on life?

Paul answers with this question: “Do you not know that in a race all the runners compete, but only one receives the prize?

In the Christian race, Paul indicates the one who receives the prize is anyone who finishes the race.

Therefore, Paul urges, So run that you may obtain it. Then, using himself as an example to make the point of his illustration, he continues: I pommel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.

Evidently the apostle, who surely was a saved Christian, believed that even he could be disqualified from the race.

Yet as long as he continued to run that he might obtain’ the prize, thus remaining in the race, salvation was assured.

But if they should ever quit the race, they are disqualified, losing their hold on everlasting life.

If I saved you from drowning in a pool, would that stop you from drowning in a lake...

Total nonsense.  None of us stop sinning by becoming Christian.  We sin all our lives and have to repent countless times.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian

For me, I would have to say we are saved only after we see the face of God and live.  There is a verse in the Bible that says "....He who endures, I will not blot out it name of the book of life."  You cant "blot out" a name if it was not in there to begin with.