How do u cope with a breakup?

Favorite Answer

Distract yourself. It's all you really can do.

Or... Find another person? I took to the hobby of drawing when I had my first breakup.

• Take a few days and feel all of your feelings.  Be sad and get it out of your system.  Then, stay busy.  This means being active.  Walk, run, bike, jog, whatever.  Get a new hobby, learn a language.  The busier you are, the less time you have to wallow around.  Plus, the more you're out and about, the greater the chance that you might meet new people.

Exercise. Walk, walk, walk. Ride a bike until you can't peddle any longer. "Move" it out of you. It took me 20 years to learn that. I went to the gym, then got home and hopped on my bike. Also, I walked the dog a lot; he was happy. My cousin's husband of 40 years just left her for an opiate-addicted stripper (I did not make that up). Therapist said to walk, walk, walk and to keep moving.