Is butter oil copyrighted?

I'm planning on selling pizza with butter oil, but the local papa johns might not like that because they do the same thing. In case they try to sue me about the butter oil I wan't to know if papa johns has copyright over selling pizza along with butter oil.

• Yeti
    Favorite Answer

There is no copyright protection for recipes.

You might run into trademark issues if consumers are confused about the source of goods or services.

And you might run into patent issues, but a patent more likely covers how their particular butter oil is produced.

Anyway, no, there is no "copyright" for selling pizza with butter oil.

If they invented the term then they might and they may have a patent on it. If you used a generic description like "butter infused oil don't think they would have legal standing to prevent you from using it. It you use that you might get a cease and desist demand. In that case you might to get an attorney to determine if they have a case or not.

Copyright is for words, sounds, and symbols. Not for food.

• Tavy

No one can copyright food, we can add any ingredients we like on food.