Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAsia PacificJapan · 2 months ago

How to make up any Japanese names for a comic book? ?

I'm an American, and I can't find any names from Japan, because I'm not Japanese. How do you say names in Japan? I'm not being mean or anything, but if it's for a comic book, I can make one up, right? How do you make any Japanese name up in a comic book without knowing Japanese? I respect people's religion, and race, and ethnic background just without being rude, I want to make up "real" names for a cool comic book. Is that kind of too much to ask?

• Quinn

All you had to do was to Google "Japanese names" and you would had gotten hundreds of websites that would give you both Japanese surnames and first names.

A comic book or a Manga ,漫画?It is made from what like an interesting pictures .I'm sorry for my a little answer .

Oppositely , I heard once ago Japayuki-san , it might be made as Japan+going -Yuku or like bound for?. . .

my name is Ryo-ichi 

Honestly, when I need a name from a certain country, I visit a website for baby names and search for ones from whatever country I choose.

Naming of Japanese is very easy. Charactar of male has "taro" , female has "ko". You should combine Japanese common noun and "taro" or "ko". For example, "Ryutaro", "Sakurako". You dont have to think about it seriously.

• hihi!

To write successfully, one must KNOW about what they write. sunshine_mel gave you Best Answer, not me. I just can't make comments to add a word to a good answer, thanks, Yahoo. Don't create what you THINK is a name as it may be or sound close to profanity. I read a so-so book touching on Russian spies, etc. The name Pasternak (Russian writer??) was used as a Russian name. IT IS A JEWISH NAME AND NOT A COMMON NAME. So KNOW about what you write. RESEARCH as sunshine_mel said.

Have you thought about... researching actual Japanese names, rather than making up something you think sounds Japanese?

Pretty insensitive otherwise; you're not respecting their culture if you do that. 

• Petter

Just google "famous japanese persons" or something. Borrow a little here and there and create a name that could be real. Just remember every other letter has to be vowel and the name has to end with a vowel, or it won't sound japanese.