Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Other - Europe · 2 months ago

Why should i social distance and wear a mask if I believe this virus is overhyped?

plus I'm young and healthy 

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I'm simply going to say that I agree completely with the very first answer you got. (Given by Mike) It's also about RESPECT FOR OTHERS. If you really don't care about yourself that much, then give all of it to EVERYONE around you. Just wear the damned mask.. it truly isn't much to ask

• John P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

What you 'believe' and what might happen to you, or to people near you if you actually have the disease without symptoms are two different things.

Do you not keep up with the news about how many people have died in your country?

• 2 months ago

Just bear in mind that close to 50% of hospital patients with Covid-19 are under 50 years old.   Young and healthy doesn't mean you're immune - you're NOT!

• 2 months ago

To protect the vulnerable.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Orla C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Because you could be a carrier, even if you yourself don't develop any symptoms. As a carrier, you will be spreading the virus to others, including vulnerable elderly people and/or those whose own health is already compromised. 

I'm afraid it's not overhyped. The second wave is under way in European countries. 

• hihi!
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

NO MASK, YOUNG, healthy is optional; death is possible-and maybe recommended.

• Ludwig
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Because, hopefully, if you do not do so you will be punished.

• Personal responsibility for one, and not being a carrier of the disease for two.  YOU might be healthy but the 50 people you infect may not be.  Also- young people are the ones getting it (including so-called 'healthy' people) right now.  So when you get it, and you're in hospital, and come out of hospital either in a body bag or with permanent damage to your internal organs and your lungs, go back and read this.

• 2 months ago

You may be less at risk. But you risk catching and carrying the disease to others who are not - including friends, family, shop workers, and anyone else you happen to pass. You don't know that you don't have it (you can be asymptomatic), or that anyone around you doesn't either.

Basically; it's just hugely selfish to refuse to wear a mask. 

• 2 months ago

Young , healthy and don't give a damn about anyone else just about covers it .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.