Will it ever be possible to go back in time?

• Megumi

No, travelling in time is merely juvenile fantasy. 

I dont think so but I could be wrong. The first thing that comes to my mind is the grandfather paradox. If I go back in time before my grandfather met my grandma and killed him, he could not have given birth to my father. Therefore I am not born so I would not have been able to go back in time. The solution is you did go back in time but in a DIFFERENT timeline. lookup parallel worlds or multiverse theory.

In the movie, Back to the future, the timeline spewed when Marty got that sports almanac

• Tom

Possibly, given a better understanding of Physics and high technology----Most likely in a "Viewing mode" rather than actually being there, but that may be possible too. 

Forget about the "Grandfather Paradox"--that's a logic error, as a paradox cannot happen in the past any more than it can happen in the present.  You could not cut your own time line, any more than an electric relay switch can switch from normally closed to the "Normally open" contact is the power to the coil goes through the normally closed contact. --It will just sit there doing nothing but buzz a bit.  It can never close the other contact because the energy is always cut off before it can do that.---That is why we cannot "Shoot our Grandfather" in the past-----Indeed we would find we could not do ANYTHING that would cut or alter our timeline prior to making the trip to the past------Cause and effect really.

It would seem that a "force" was holding us back from pulling the trigger---or doing anything that effects our timeline---what we can say, where we can walk, etc.---But not really a force, but a LACK of energy to do things------Just like with the electric relay switch above----No actual "Force" holds it away from the other contact--but a lack of it.

Indeed this "force" might limit where we could go in the past---we might could visit Mongolia, but not our home town because doing so might threaten to disrupt our timeline----preventing any action.

No. Time travel to the past always leads to paradoxes, like the grandfather paradox. There is no resolution to a logical paradox, so nature can not allow it to happen. This is Steven Hawking Chronology Protection Conjecture. 

• God

There has been no one from the future that has visited us.  So either it is not possible or we blow ourselves up before it can happen.

No, because if it were ever possible people from the future would have already come back to our time period.  There's some photos that people claim that prove visitors from the future, but they have been debunked.  It is possible to travel into the future, in 12 minutes it will be tomorrow!

some day technology will exist, it might br 50 years od 50000 years from now, no way to know

If it were possible to alter the past, do you seriously think THIS is the timeline anyone would have voluntarily chosen?

If so, I’d go back and carry Madame Zeroni up to gods thumb. 

• Dze

doubt it .. forward maybe if we can ever get close to the speed of light machines ...