april asked in TravelUnited StatesBoston · 3 months ago

What are some good "mom and pop" restaurants in Boston's Chinatown? I am looking for home cooking or home style cooking.?

Favorite Answer

Sadly, they're gone due to gentrification. The two dumpling restaurants are pretty good--Gourmet Dumpling House and Dumpling Cafe. They are both small, so I don't know how they are handling COVID.

We've been going to District Kitchen in Malden. It is right next to the Orange Line Malden station. Sun Kong in Malden is not mom and pop, but it's really good. You need a car to get there, unless you want to deal with the train and a bus.

Cambridge should have some good ones. There are lots of areas that have been left alone by developers. For some reason, traveling across the Charles is too much of an effort, and we rarely go over there, so I'm unable to recommend any.