Is Christianity the ultimate truth?

Honestly I think that Christianity is the ultimate truth.

the soviet union collapsed during the cold and it sponsored state atheism.

until 1990 most Americans identified as Christians.

does that mean that Christianity is the ultimate truth?

No religion or denomination has 'ultimate truth'. Only Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. He has all wisdom and knowledge, justice and truth because He is the uncreated Word of God, who made everything that was made - John 1:1-14. But please do not muddle Christ up with that sloppy word 'Christianity', which is left undefined and left to our own imaginings as to what that is. Christianity is made up of sinful, fallible, often foolish people. Do not look to them or their opinion for truth. Only the infallible word of God - from the Word of God - is ultimate truth for us to learn.

Please define ultimate truth. 

Followers of Jesus are Christians, but in truth, it is Jesus Himself that is the ultimate truth. "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father but by me." Jesus said. (John 14:6)

The only truth I can really think of about religions, is that they are divisive.

Not really. If it were, we would only get one version of Christianity but we have a religion with many denominations because the bible isn't written crystal clear, not to mention contradictions and errors found within. It is because Christianity can be molded into whatever a person needs that it becomes useful for many people. I often view Christianity like going to the gym, you see some people who really benefit, but most are "hoping" to get to that point someday.

• Buzz

The collapse of the Soviet Union was down to the fact the economics of communism didn’t work. In order for communism to work the world has to be communist. It’s nothing to do with religion. 

As for the truth, no one person can ever know that. People will believe in whatever they believe is truth. This is why we have so many different points of view on God and religion across the world. 

God is the ultimate truth. We, mortals, then choose how to worship Him...  that's religion

• Jim3

Yes, I agree. I think it is.

No.  In religion, as a whole, there is no truth.  Religion is an assumed conclusion based on suspect claims from dubious sources supported by logical fallacies nested within circular reasoning bringing you back to the assumed conclusion.  There can be no truth in religion because it is based on faith alone instead of facts, proof and evidence.  It is left over primitive superstitious nonsense and woo woo.

• Paul

The one Church Jesus Christ founded is the ultimate source of God's truth. Jesus Himself promised its first leaders "The Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth", and "Whatsoever you bind upon Earth is bound in Heaven", and "He who hears you hears Me". There are of course many unauthorized manmade denominational Christian Churches which have rejected His Church and parts of its teaching, and are therefore capable of teaching only partial truth.