Sybil asked in PetsBirds · 2 months ago

how do birds get their exersise out of a cage?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Parrots and other pet birds fly hundreds of miles per day, forage for food, and participate in countless other survival-related activities that help give them intense physical workouts. Placing birds in captivity inadvertently limits their opportunities to provide themselves with adequate exercise to maintain their physical conditions, so bird owners must do what they can to maximize their pets' opportunities to move around and exercise more.

Follow the tips in this article to help your feathered friend become more healthy, happy, and active.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They really don't.  Jumping from branch to branch is about it and isn't much.  With small birds (like finches) a very large tall cage that would permit them to fly somewhat would get more exercise.

• I leave the cage door open for my parrot sometimes, he demands it! Place a birdperch outside his cage, little things for him to destroy or play? He eventually might get curious? Do Keep an eye on him, pls b careful with other pets around.

• 2 months ago

Treadmill.       

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

flying is good for the bird. Mine flys around the room.

• 2 months ago

Flying around a room (safely) is the bird equivalent of going for a jog.

They need it for cardio and muscle strength.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I do not think they do.

• 2 months ago

Caged birds need safe free flight for atleast a couple of hours a day for their physical and mental wellbeing.  

• 2 months ago

Ask them what type of music they like and play it for them. They will dance and it is great exercise for them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.