How to tell if my Dodge Avenger is an R/T?

I have a 2014 Dodge Avenger 3.5L V6  & I have no idea which model it is. It doesn’t have any badges on it to say. It just has the dodge symbol on the grill & the Avenger plaque on the back. When I take it to the shop for parts etc. the R/T parts are the ones that fit. But the dealer that I got the car from says it’s not an R/T. I was just wondering if there were any ways of telling the difference between the models. Is there just a normal avenger or is it just the SE, SXT, & RT models? Please help with this I would really love to know & if it is an R/T I would like to put the symbol on the back. 

• Jay P

The R/T is the top-of-the-line trim package for the Avenger.  It came standard with the V6 and 6-speed automatic while the 4 cylinder combined with a 4-speed automatic was standard on the base model.  The R/T also had many standard features which were either options or not even available on the lower trim levels.

If you want to slap a R/T badge on it, go ahead.  It doesn't matter if it really is a R/T model or not.

The parts for the R/T and the regular model are the same.

Get the VIN number and call Dodge.  They will have an answer for you.

ask a mechanic to help you with that

• Ron

The RT has 2 diagonal stripes on each side in front of the mirrors