Check if there are Grammar and Sentence mistakes?

Not only the food was great, we had a nice time talking each other, celebrated for my sister's birthday as well.

• John P
    Favorite Answer

"Not only was the food great, but....." OR "The food was great, as also was the nice time we had talking to each other as we celebrated my sister's birthday."

As a native speaker of British English, I might say: "We had a great time at my sister's birthday party. The food was great, and we all had time for a good old chat with each other." There are several other ways that native speakers might have expressed those ideas. 

Note that 'celebrating' tends to be reserved for occasions of life-changing significance - weddings, graduations, coming-of-age (possibly that is 'emancipation' in the USA), getting your driving licence - things you do only once or twice in your life. Birthdays are every year.

• JOHN

We had a nice time chatting with each other over great food, and celebrated my sister's birthday as well.

Not only was the food great, we also had a nice time talking as we celebrated my sister's birthday.