Andrew asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

As a new Star Wars fan, will I have the same pleasure watching the movies as that as a long time fan?

I'm worried that since I'm starting Star Wars after the sequels came out I won't have the same pleasure watching the movies as that of someone who watched them before 2015

Particularly the original trilogy

even though I'm starting after 2015, can I still have the same pleasure watching the original trilogy as someone who started before 2015?

The original trilogy are still good movies as far as characters and plot go, you just have to keep in mind that they were filmed decades ago and they didn't have the special effects or the budgets that they do today.  But also remember that the special effects that you do see were all cutting edge at the time.  Nothing like that had been done before then.

There are lots of ways to watch the movies but I suggest watching the original trilogy first, then then prequels, then the newest ones.  There is a TON of Star Wars content out there, and that's not even mentioning the various TV series, the video games, and the comics.  There's enough Star Wars stories / characters out there that I'm sure you'll fall in love with at least some of it.