Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Breakthrough asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 months ago

Does standing harden or change your feet?

I notice my feet look different after my manual labour standing

They are tougher and harder and feel more like very tough plastic and less like soft eye lids 

I don’t know if this is a good or bad thing 

Like when you look at photos of children who live in high altitudes 

Their facial skin is tougher and harder because the wind is always blowing in their face and that gets rid of skin softness 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Andy C
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Skin is pretty awesome and fantastic at its jub: to protect the body and organs. 

Like muscle,, cells, skin cells change and adapt to their environment,  in your case more use than a child.

If we lived in the wild, all of our feet would be TOUGHER than your are, now.

There's nothing wrong.   It's just doing its job.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Depends what you're standing on / quality of footwear. I used to work 60+ hour works 

in retail, wood floors on top of sand, got so bad I sometimes wore bedroom slippers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.