Breakthrough asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 months ago

Does standing harden or change your feet?

I notice my feet look different after my manual labour standing

They are tougher and harder and feel more like very tough plastic and less like soft eye lids 

I don’t know if this is a good or bad thing 

Like when you look at photos of children who live in high altitudes 

Their facial skin is tougher and harder because the wind is always blowing in their face and that gets rid of skin softness 

• Andy C
    Favorite Answer

Skin is pretty awesome and fantastic at its jub: to protect the body and organs. 

Like muscle,, cells, skin cells change and adapt to their environment,  in your case more use than a child.

If we lived in the wild, all of our feet would be TOUGHER than your are, now.

There's nothing wrong.   It's just doing its job.

Depends what you're standing on / quality of footwear. I used to work 60+ hour works 

in retail, wood floors on top of sand, got so bad I sometimes wore bedroom slippers.