Scott
Scott asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 3 months ago

Now that Chatwick Boseman has died will Marvel recast the character of Black Panther?

or just shuffle some plans around with other characters

Favorite Answer

I do not know they will recast the character of Black Panther because Chadwick Boseman did a hell of a job playing the role. I have to say Shiri will take over as Black Panther.

• Scott

I am not one of them but a lot of people before his death wanted the character Shuri to be the new Black Panther. This would at least fit within the storyline 

many actors have played eg Spiderman, Superman etc. The story is bigger than the actor

They will probably recast the role.

Three possible options:

1) Recast the character and move forward with the announced sequel.

2) Have Shuri (T'Challa's sister) be the new Black Panther, like in the comics.

3) Cancel the sequel and figure out some other way to use Wakanda in the MCU (least likely option)

Hard to imagine they will just let such a valuable franchise just die.........so I imagine they will recast the role......or maybe, using CGI and obvious tricks, or even out takes from the first movie, .... somehow come up with a script, where he's killed at the start of the film, and a new Black Panther has to be chosen, or inherits the throne.

In the first movie, the other guy challenged for the Throne......and lost......so maybe a plot where he comes back to take over for the deceased T'Challa

or maybe the sister becomes the new Black Panther.

I suppose they have a few options. 

If they use the character again, Marel will simply recast another actor to play the part.