Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 2 months ago

why do I see so many people driving so fast when it is pouring rain?  do they not realize how dangerous it is when roads are full of water?

It was pouring rain so hard the other day that I could not even see out of my windows. and there was a big pick up truck that went around me on a double yellow line and was just "haulin azz"...and it was pouring rain,,,and when i got on the interstate , i could not believe how many others were just driving like there was nothing unusual. why this is?

Favorite Answer

Maybe their cars were more capable than yours. If they had new suspension with good tires and rainx on their windshield with brand new wipers and a clean windshield their car probably handles way better. The other reason could be that they haven't had to stop in a hurry and don't realize that their car will slide for a long distance before stopping and that there would be no way to see the stop coming in time to do anything about it. 

• Willie

Those people are too stupid to know one wrong brake and they'll end up dead.

I'm betting a lot of it has to do with "risk assessment." They drive crazy because they think with modern safety technology like anti-lock brakes and stability control, that "the car will save them" if they lose control. They have to understand that these features are not foolproof. It's dangerous and foolish to drive crazy in the rain. And I'd be willing to bet a lot of people have found that out - the hard way.

I understand driving carefully in the rain, what I do not advocate is driving 20mph slower. This is more what's pissing people off, and actually causing the accidents. The people racing, are at least following the flow of traffic. Driving slowly, and unpredictably, especially in the rain, can cause more accidents. Causing people to constantly change gears and or want to overtake 

Because you need new wiper blades and tires so you don't drive so slow in the rain!

Some people have better equipped cars to handle bad weather. Start with fresh windshield wipers so you can see through the windshield which you make sure to keep clean inside and out.

• Geo

Because there are no laws against being Stupid. And they have never Hydroplaned and think all roads are well drained, which they're not. Probably the same people that refuse to wear Masks.

• Lv 7

i think they are probably shouting yeeeee hawww!!

The faster you go the sooner your off the road and out of danger.