Is she deliberately trying to stop me?

I have a small RRIF with the bank. I also have a RRIF account with my investment company. I want to transfer the RRIF from the bank to the investment company., but the rep at the bank said I MUST draw from the RRIF. I'm very well aware of this.

All I'm doing is transferring the RRIF from one place to another. I did not instruct the bank to reinvest the RRIF amount., but they've done it anyway. My plan originally was to draw the entire amount, & close the RRIF account. I don't like doing business with the bank when it comes to this sort of thing. I get the feeling that the rep at the bank just doesn't want me moving the funds out of the bank.

My investment rep told me last week, to tell the bank rep to put the monies into a cash position., & if the bank says 'no', then to put instructions on file not to renew. It seems to me the bank rep doesn't want this. I'm angry. What can I do?

Yes, she is deliberately trying to stop you. Me too.