Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 2 months ago

Is driving 40 miles a day too much ?

Is driving 40 miles 5 times a week a lot? 

33 Answers

Relevance
  • Robert
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It depends upon the return on investment.  If you make a lot of money commuting it is a good investment.  If you can work a job with similar pay and similar ability to advance closer to home it may not be.

• 2 months ago

I live in a small county but work in a big city. So I need to drive a distance everyday.

• Sathi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

My work commute is 50 miles round-trip. I have a friend who drives three times that far every day. Yuck.

• F
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Depends. On a clear road, takes 40 min , no problem. In heavy traffic taking 2 hrs, sheer hell.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • garry
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

it depends if you like the job , its not to far if you live in the desert or in the wilderness .

• 2 months ago

Not for a truck driver

• 2 months ago

Not if you have a need to make that trip that often.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

For several years my dad drove about that far every day, and back, to his job as a *trucker*.

• 2 months ago

Not if you are delivering milk to babies.  I once applied for a job that would have me driving 250 miles per day.  There wasn't nearly enough pay involved.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's above the average, but not unreasonable.  But it really depends on your tolerance.  

I know people that commute 70 miles each direction(140 miles total) every day.    I also know people that commute less than a mile and basically walk to work every day.  

• 2 months ago

Some people drive twice that , to work and than back again.  I would not want to drive that far day in and day out, but if the job pays well....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.