Where is the starter located on Honda Civic EX 2016 2.0L CVT Sedan ?

Looked in the manual and on google but can’t seem to find the info I’m looking for. I asked the guy at autozone and he had no idea either. Not great with cars. But I’ve recently had a starting problem. Trying to locate this starter but having problems.. is it behind and under the engine? Idk.. help

Favorite Answer

FRONT OF ENGINE BELOW THE INTAKE MANIFOLD to the right of center next to the steering rack. You can't easily see it without removing a bunch of stuff. You can't replace it without lifting the car. They don't usually fail on cars that new so look for loose battrery cables and battery corrosion first. 

Youtube will have a video on how to replace the starter. Some motors you need to take the intake manifold off to get to the starter.

• Ron

At the end of the big red cable coming off the battery?

• Rick

probably along the lower part of the engine block on the other side from the transmission ..............