Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsOther - Yahoo Products · 1 month ago

Why did Yahoo disable people from commenting on news?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

because their a bunch of Poons

• 1 month ago

Left Bias..Biden Troll hates it

• 1 month ago

Comments cancelled because of being called out for Left bias not once in awhile, but perpetually.

• 1 month ago

@retnavybrat-  Uh,no!  -  It's just pure censorship.  This is their platform and they just plain decided to censor ALL comments regardless of being ugly or mean or intelligent.  the 2nd Amendment protects the freedom of speech regardless of its tone.  Maybe Yahoo should stop being a collective box of cupcakes and realize the same.  Maybe the public will realize the forced censorship (Yes it is!) and walk away from Yahoo.  They are a business and when money walks, look what happens....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I can't say with any degree of certainty, but I suspect that Yahoo finally got fed up with all the ugliness in the comment section and has suspended it until its people can figure out how to balance allowing free expression with **civil** expression.

@Andrew: It's the **First** Amendment, not the Second that addresses free speech.  And all the First Amendment does is guarantee that the **government** won't prevent you from exercising that right, nor punish you for doing so.  It does not require that private companies give us a platform to express ourselves.

• 1 month ago

they were Not Comments just abuse try 27 Comments telling me the Holocaust never happened

• Sharon
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Commenting has been removed. They say it is temporary, but it sounds like changes may be coming based on what kind of user feedback they get. Yahoo's announcement on this can be found at the bottom of every article posted:

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting. In the meantime, we welcome your feedback to help us enhance the experience.

Comment survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TG73D2Y

• 1 month ago

I don't think it has to do with the election.  People say it happened in 2016 with some claiming that it happened in 2012 as well, it did not.  I think those people are lying or talking without knowing for fact that it did.  It might have something to do with the pandemic increasing online learning and people working from home, and bandwidth needing to be limited.  Or maybe it's all just part of a master plan to pigeonhole everyone individually and exploit them fully. 

• 1 month ago

For the thousandth time,Verizon Media disabled ALL commenting over A MONTH AGO so Yahoo.com hopefully does NOT crash and go offline and Verizon Communications losesctoo much advertising revenue. Yahoo did the same thing for the same reasons in 2016 and 2012

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because of the presidential election 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.