Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 1 month ago

Which sugar substitute is best for those with type-2 diabetes?

Packets please.

Which ever one you like the taste of.

Source(s): Former Chairman of Outreach for the Diabetes Society of the Santa Clara Valley

Each individual is different.   What works for me (sort-of) is to restrict what food I take re sugar and carbs.  Try eating/dlrinking things with little to no sugar.

There is no such thing as best sweetener for ALL type 2 or ALL diabetics. I am fine with aspartame or saccharin. Sucralose and Splenda and Stevia  raise my blood sugar levels. I am a type 1 diabetic. My closest friend IS an M.D. and a type 2 diabetic. She says aspartame has a bitter after taste. 

Every diabetic is unique. What artificial sweetener is best for one diabetic may not work at all for another diabetic. 

The one(s) they like the taste of, in the things they plan to use it in. Yes this means that that particular person is going to have to try several no and low glycemic sweeteners, and pick the ones that taste good to them, and has the least aftertaste (if any) and affect on their glucose levels. 

• kelvin

none.....................