Kee asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 1 month ago

Moving plan from US to Canada?

I'm helping a friend move from the US to Canada and I can't seem to find a good source for a list of information to put together for him. I'm looking into jobs and Visa's for him at the moment but as far as other expenses go I haven't gotten very far. Could someone put a planning guide together for me? Thanks in advance. 

• Favorite Answer

The first step would be him getting a visa, then it may take a few years for him to be able to apply for citizenship or permanent residence. Try the link below. 

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citi...

Step 1 - secure a visa. 

Nothing else will be relevant if he can't actually move. 

• John

Generally you get a job, then you get a work visa, then you get in a car or plane and go to your new city.

If you are just looking a Visa's for him now, there is one thing for certain.  He is not moving to Canada anytime soon.   Probably 1-2 years at the earliest and that is if he can even qualify for a Visa that would allow him to stay and work in Canada,

Look at their Immigration and Visa regulations FIRST.