Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar Audio · 2 months ago

Car speaker compatibility? (6 3/4 and 6x8)?

I have no clue about car speakers so bear with me. I have a 2011 mustang and a 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander and I’d like to put all the stock speakers in the mustang into the outlander. But online says front door, front door woofers and rear door are 6 3/4 for outlander. And mustang sizes are front door, rear deck corners 6x8 and front door woofers 8”. Can I do any swaps??? 

Leave well enough alone, unless you install better quality aftermarket speakers.

You need to consider the speaker impedance as well, 2 ohms, 4 ohms, etc.. But since the sizes don't match, it is a not going to mater.

Nope, no swaps possible without complicated modifications that would not be worth the effort. 

It looks like you're replacing the Mustang for the Outlander. Since you appear to lack with money, save some money and buy "aftermarket speakers" for the Outlander. Your vehicle is 9 years old, but it's not too old. Stock speakers in old cheap vehicles are garbage.