What do you expect PS5 to cost?

I expect the digital edition to be $399 (US) and the normal PS5 to be $499.

Now it would be great if these prices could be lower, but I'm just being realistic. 

Cant believe there taking so long, It would be interesting to compare predictions to what they officially announce soon..

While I agree the prices seems a little out there, but you have to remember that the PS3 was a heck of a lot more expensive back in 2006 primarily because of the backwards compatibilities it had, also the BluRay drive. 

So for $500~$600, It’s still somewhat better than the PS3.

• PCMR

Doubt it would matter to you anyway. Once the PS5 is released, Scalpers will buy them up with Bot programs then try to resell them on ebay for 3x to 4x the price.

Otherwise it will prob be $500

• Luke

Five hundred dollars. 

• opurt

Given that the only difference between the two is the Ultra Blu-Ray drive, which isn't a $100 part, I was only expecting a $50 difference -- $449/499. But now that Microsoft has a $299 next-gen console (less powerful but still plays the games) then Sony might have to take a bigger loss to get closer to the price point.

• Yeah, they're expensive and $499 is already half of $1,000. But for the price and for what it's worth, you will be paying for what you bought with the PS5. I'll be buying the most expensive version.