What is your goal ?

I want to have high amounts of money and either build a good career or have the husband and children and in laws of my dreams

I want to work in the writing industry which has a near 98 percent failure rate 

On top of that the only credentials I have are a bachelors from a top school 

But my ideas are amazing - you would expect amazing when you’ve been working on your book outline for 16 years

It’s Harper Collins level quality writing which is expected when you’ve been beating around the same bush for 16 years 

Favorite Answer

Good for you. I don't know if you've done it already, but if you're still beating around the bush, then maybe now is the time to query or self-publish.

I don't think you should limit yourself to an" either or". It's possible to have a good and lucrative career AND the family of your dreams.I like to keep my goals private, but I've achieved most of them and am actively working on the remaining ones.

My goal  is to sits my sore, tired butt down,  after a full morning of busting my hump. 

• Andrew

If you plan to write in English, it's unlikely that you'll achieve any lofty goals. English speakers don't say "high amounts of money." 

It's unfortunate that you believe that having a family is incompatible with having a career. 

You might believe that your ideas are "amazing", but even if that were true, it wouldn't matter. What matters is whether or not the execution of those ideas is any good. 

If you're still only working on the outline after 16 years, that doesn't bode well for your prospects of becoming a successful author. If you already had a well received book to your credit, taking a while to crank out the next one wouldn't be a big deal. But if you've been devoting 16 years to an outline, writing isn't for you.