Should I get up or stay in bed?

Basically I’ve had a chronic gastric bug and all I feel like doing is sleeping but I slept all day yesterday and all morning today, I really need to at least have a bath, sort some washing etc my hubby is at work and doesn’t do any house work even when Im poorly but he does bring me drinks etc, should I try and get up or stay in bed 

Favorite Answer

Sometimes just pottering about and doing small jobs can make you feel better and take your mind off feeling poorly. 

On the other hand, housework can wait if you feel so poorly you can`t face it.

Your choice really.

WebMD discourse to sleep specialist about whether it's better to get out of bed or stay put when you can't get back to sleep.

• snafu

If you’ve been ill I’m a great advocate of listening to the body.  If it’s tired, rest.  If it’s hungry eat, that sort of thing.  Do what you feel.

Get up have a bath or shower

A good woman washes every day to stay fresh especially between the legs

• Jojo

Do whatever you feel most comfortable doing.