what's the best battery for a 2010 toyota 4runner limited?

The best battery I ever had was a Yuasa, which lasted me 12 years. By then your 2010 will be 22 years old. Just try to find a Yuasa car battery though. Go on and get you a $50 Value Craft battery from Walmart. That very same battery will cost $100 if you buy it at AutoZone.

Walmart or Autozone. Autozone's Dura Last batteries have been stellar in my experience. I had a Dura Last Gold battery last me over 7 years in a Toyota Previa I used to own. That's 7 plus  years in a fully optioned van with the A/C running 80-85 % of the time, not to mention California traffic and heat. 

a new  one.....................

• Ron

The best battery is the one designed for your vehicle 

The Walmart special. And also a float charger. It will extend the life of your battery and keep it reliable if you plug your car into a float charger whenever it sits for more than 2 days. 

The best possible battery is not worth purchasing. It would probably be a lithium battery and there's no reason to waste money on something like that, you're not driving a rolls royce.

A Walmart special.

• CB

The best battery will cost you about $350 dollars, the best battery for your vehicle will the correct size (cca) and group type as outlined in your owners manual. Personally I like North State Batteries but they are not easy to get in some parts of the world much including the USA. Reasonable cost the good longevity - crappy warranty but I have never needed to use it nor have the batteries been problematic.

Optima if you think you REALLY need the BEST battery and have the cash to afford one.

The most amps that you can get to fit in the physical space.