Ahai
Ahai asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

Why are you not supposed to go to bed with wet hair? ?

I have heard that I shouldn't go to bed with wet hair, but why is that? Is that bad for the hair or my body? Can you get a cold by doing that? 

• L

You can get a chill, while you're sleeping, and get sick.

From experience I can say that my chance of getting a cold   is very high if I  keep my hair wet for long time.The cold might have been caused by the virus.

It's an old wive's tale. But you will get a damp pillow ;) 

Source(s): Common sense

You could get a cold in winter if your room is a bit cold, but mostly it's because long hair gets hellishly tangled in those conditions

Besides waking up with completely wild hair it's quite damaging. 

Your hair has 3 types of bonds and 1 of those is hydrogen bonds which make up 1/3 of your hairs strength. When your hair is wet the hydrogen bonds are broken. This puts your hair in a weak state and that makes your hair more likely to break.

If you can't shower in the morning or blowdry your hair before bed then some things that can help prevent damage are...

* putting your hair in a lose bun on top of your head so all damage taken is in the under most layer

* braid your hair

* get a silk pillowcase

* wear a head scarf to bed

Maybe it doesn't matter in places where people sleep on the floor or in the street - - - but where we have pillows and mattresses we'd just as soon not grow mold and mildew in them.

Because it's not comfortable and ive gotten a cold from it before. Its not always from a virus. It can also cause mold so if you have time just blow dry your hair before bed.

Source(s): fight me lol

You don't get a cold from being WET you get a cold from VIRUSES. No, wet hair will not cause a cold. The only reason you shouldn't sleep with wet hair is that your pillow will get damp and moldy from being damp. And that could cause you problems or bad odors. 

if a guy with short hair it may not matter too much. But you may wake up feeling cold and then get a cold

• Buzz

It’s a myth. Don’t worry about it. For comfort it’s best to dry hair before bed though.