I got bit by something, should I wait to see if it heals?

One morning about four days ago, I woke up in the morning to my foot itching. It felt like a typical mosquito bite because I get bit a lot in the summer. I felt it and I can see a white welt like bump. 

It actually woke me up the next night and I could not stop itching it. It is still itching even 4 days later. I noticed my foot was only slightly swollen and pinkish red from scratching. 

It really itched where I got bit kind of near the right of my foot but also started itching near my toe area to the left and started getting irritated and red too. 

I took Benadryl for the past three nights because the itching was unbearable. My foot does not look swollen or anything, it just itches.

When should I go to the doctor about the bite? Do you think from scratching it, it is normal for the venom to spread to another area of the foot. 

Favorite Answer

Spider bites are often itchy for several days. Perhaps you got bit by a relatively harmless one.  Even so you don't want to risk getting tetanus from it and you certainly don't want an ulcer to develop either. Why not ring your doctor's office and ask if you need to be seen?