Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 1 month ago

My breathing happens in short bursts randomly and it's hard to control?

For some reason, a lot of the time, I will take each breath in tiny portions, breathing in a little, stopping for a fraction of a second, breathing in a little more, stopping, and so on. I do it unconsciously and consciously (usually I only realize I'm doing it when I've been doing it; it's not something I do intentionally). It's like when you're crying and your diaphram goes out of control, but it happens to me all the time, probably half of my day awake, and it's driving me crazy because as soon as I rectify it, it comes back. 

This has been going in for months and I don't know how to tell someone without sounding crazy. I'm not doing it on purpose and I haven't been sick for several months straight. Any ideas?

Maybe it'd help to put it more precisely:

Inhaling from empty takes 2 seconds if you don't stop. I will inhale for .2 seconds, stop for .3, inhale for .2, stop for .3... etc. Every breath. When I force myself to stop and breath normally, I feel like I'm not getting enough air. It feels awkward though. 

Again, it's the kind of breathing you do when you're sobbing, except it happens even when I'm happy or apathetic. 

That sucks, but do you have a question?

You have diabetes........

• Diana

Tell your doctor about this.  Its time for you to get tested for the Coronavirus.  

You shouldn't worry, Im pretty sure that happens to most people! (or i got the wrong idea) When you focus on your breathing you start controlling it.  you stop when you are focusing on something but that