What reason would our government have for covering up UFOs and aliens?

Most of the usual explanations don’t make any sense. Like panic, keeping the secret, national defense or they don’t exist. None of that holds much water. I keep coming back to the conclusion that the only reason that they’re hiding this is because of the horrible things they’ve done to hide it

Favorite Answer

we can be 100% sure america has no evidence of aliens or their spacecraft.

because if they did trump would have spilled the beans by now.

he would spill it all as a distraction to his covid 19 response.

• Megumi

There are no space aliens for anyone to hide. Only absurd hoaxes claim that space aliens ever visit Earth. Some scientists have proven that interstellar travel is not feasible, so aliens from distant planets cannot ever visit Earth! Such things could not be hidden. If one nation or group of them attempted to hide aliens, its of their enemies would reveal them out of spite. 

They have no reason to do that.

• JimZ

I saw two UFOs in the Army with a fellow soldier.  What I saw were two crafts, first one and then it joined another.   It moved with speeds and acceleration far beyond what is possible with our understanding of science.  I'm an engineer now so I know forces pretty well.  Anyway, I have thought about it and read a bit.  I think it is likely that the government was very open but sometime in the 1950s, they came to the conclusion, with the help of anthropologists and psychologists, that when a culture meets a technologically superior culture, bad things happen. When Eskimos encountered European culture, their rate of suicide skyrocketed and depression was rampant.  I think the government made the decision to pretend to no longer take the subject seriously and they created a campaign to debunk and ridicule and it worked.  Now we have people that think they are being scientific by mocking anything to do with UFOs.  

• Dubbs

I'm sorry, I don't completely follow your logic here. Maybe you're not recognizing the depth that this could have on the mass populace. The government feel that the common people are too immature to handle it: panic is one thing, but it would eventually settle in and lead to other things.

If people knew there were other civilizations in the universe more technologically advanced then us, the people would lose faith in the government to protect us in times of war. Because if we went to war with them (as humans do) our weapons are lightyears behind theirs.

If the Government openly admitted that aliens were real this would open a can of worms they're not prepared to handle and lead to questions of truths they're not willing to answer:

Did they have a part in our origin or our development?

What kind of technology do they have? Can we have it?

How long have you known?

How many races of them are there?

What else were the conspiracy theorists right about?

Will they accept Jesus as their lord and savior?

So we're not just happy accidents that Evolution randomly made?

And maybe some of the answers we get would be deemed unfavorable by most:

What do you mean, they only view us as monkeys? We're not even primitive tribesman in their eyes?!!

Humans fit into their diet?

Maybe there are even darker truths that I'm not thinking of... revelations that the government knows they know but don't want us to know.

There's also the theory that there's already an intergalactic war going on out there among several alien races. If we become aware of it it might make us part of it.

The mass populace's whole outlook on life could (and most likely would) change with the revelation of this knowledge. The more we know about them the more involved we become.

The knowledge we could get from them would change the whole Political, Religious, Historical and even Financial structure of our world. This change could weaken the hold the Powers that be currently have over the planet. They're not willing to relinquish.

They must keep their foreign relatives hidden from public knowledge and scrutiny.

• joe

how does panic not make sense? have you heard of the uprising and rioting and looting and crime that came about from the airing of war of the worlds over the radio?

Your theory used to make sense, maybe 30 years ago.  It doesn't stand up today.

There was a time when the USA really was the most important country in the world.  That time was called the Cold War, and it lasted for decades. Those days are over.

If they do exist and the Military has decide they cannot defend us against their advanced technology, it makes sense that they would not tell us about them. I think there would be mass panic. All the toilet paper would vanish along with everything else from stores!