Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysHalloween · 1 month ago

Halloween this year?

Will there be a Halloween this year?

That depends on what you consider a 'must' for Halloween to occur ... technically speaking, in the US, October 31st is still recognized as Halloween day this year. Beyond that, don't know, again it depends on your subjective preferences, location, etc.?

If people are smart, no, cancel it...you cannot be too safe with anything your child is given this year.

Halloween cannot be cancelled but trick or treating may be. Still, you could find spooky things to do. Watch movies, drive around and see Halloween decorations, dress up and do a photo shoot for fun.

What do we need Halloween for? What safe, legal shenanigan could top reality? Just hide in your house and lock your doors

No there is no a Halloween 

It depends on where you are. I think it's unlikely that much will be happening, in regards to trick or treating, it would be hard to do as you have to give other people sweets, they have to touch it, social distancing etc..

Halloween parties would also be hard if there are restrictions on the amount of people who can be in a gathering.

Albeit I think we do need some distraction and fun so there may be other ways to do Halloween while still staying safe. 

Personally I am still going to decorate my house, and have a projector in the window to have spooky ghosts projecting, but I won't be giving out sweets this year or opening the door. It's purely just for fun for people passing by to see, and for the kids. 

• Silver

I'm pretty sure there isn't, but I guess it depends on your town. I mean, the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade is already cancelled for the first time in 70 years.