Which decade was better -- 1970s or 1980s? Why was it better?

Favorite Answer

I'm a 90s kid, but I'd say the 80s were better. The 80s had amazing music, epic movies, and fascinating (at the time) technology like CDs

I would say that the 70s were appalling, considering how fantastic the 60s were. The 80s passed me by I think as I was busy with a growing family and cannot, honestly, remember much of that era.

• The very early 70s even though the rot was already there. Hippiesm, liberlism, socialism. Makes me wanna puke! At least in the 80s we had mighty reagan but then clinton came along!

Neither were brilliant like the 60s.

For me the 80s were better in every way.  

• Snid

Of the two I liked the 70's better.  I liked the 60's better than the 70's though.

I was in my 20s and 30s then. I would say the 1980s were better for me, personally. This is because I was more mature.

But socially, it was the same.

Source(s): Lived through both decades.

In Australia Both were great

The mid to late 80s, early 80s not so much. The 1970s was a critical decade in suckery 

• Jerome

Both were great for me.

70s was a sense of community for me. 80s was a sense of independence for me.

Both crucial to AMERICANISM.

• Kathy

The 1970's was a better decade.