Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 1 month ago

Is it too late for me to LEARN TO SING, JOIN A BAND, etc.,? ?

I've sang ever since Fourth or fifth grade, but I know that I was definitely too shy in 4th lol. I sang at a real talent show, the next year, and the pedophile judges we're LAUGHING and literally judged me when I was only 11, even the people in the audience laughed because the song i sang, I pretty much 'thought' it was metal.  But it was complicated, anyway. Then I sang in 7th in the chior for one year, other than that I haven't been taking things too seriously. I've already been through MANY tragic events--that nobody understands. And I'm already 22, and in school I've had no hobbies and I just feel like it's too late. I loved my passion for music, and I could never let THAT go.

It's never to late to learn anything that you're capable of learning. Also, you have to be willing to work at learning to sing. Whether you can join a band would depend on what the band director thinks of your singing.

I got my first paying music job at 27, but I know pf people playing music and singing into their seventies, and who knows when they started...yesterday or fifty years ago.

It's never too late to start.

I didn't start singing professionally until I was over 40.

• RJ

You can learn to sing at any age.  

The first step towards learning to sing is to take face-to-face voice lessons from a qualify voice teacher. The teacher will listen to your singing and offer guidance and feedback about your vocal progress  

Here are some tips about finding a voice teacher:

The teacher has an excellent ear, and carefully listens to, and gives you accurate feedback about your voice.

Has an understanding of vocal anatomy, including the respiratory muscles, the larynx and throat structures, and how they affect singing.

Allows you to tape record lessons or exercises in the lesson for take-home practice. Provides you with written exercises when needed.

Is professional in conduct yet personable. You should feel comfortable with this person. You should feel free to ask questions.

While being emotionally supportive, he or she should be able to challenge you to grow as a singer at the same time.

The teacher should be able to explain to you in depth why you are doing each exercise that he or she gives you.

If available go to a recital where this teacher's students are performing. If they mostly sound great then this is probably a very good indication of a competent voice teacher.

Avoid teachers who only take on students who are already professional vocalists. A good teacher can train any voice and would enjoy the challenge of doing so.

The teacher shows genuine interest in you as a singer.

The teacher understands vocal health issues including the need to drink water and monitor the speaking voice

Addresses the need to relax those tensions/muscles that can block good vocal production and vocal freedom.

Is emotionally stable and does not intimidate or talk down to you.

Your voice feels easier and more resonant when working together

You are born with a natural vocal range. As such, it is not possible to expand your vocal range. However, it is recommended that you take face-to-face voice lessons from a qualify voice teacher. The teacher will listen to your singing and offer guidance in singing correctly, which may lead to your being able to sing notes that you were previously unable to sing and thus expanding your present vocal range.

Source(s): I am a professional singer

Music should be FREE shouldn't it ?

We understand people MUST make a living, so we support them by buying their music.

Of course music is an art. Do you make good music ? If not good what ever the genre no .. you would be best NOT to try. Jimi Hendrix said " All music is good music if it is played well ".

Please enter this line in ytube search :

Tash Sultana - Busker Stories episode 1 (street music) documentary webseries

You can be taught almost anything at any age by the right person.

This may sound trite, but it's never too late.  You should go for it.