if you dont vote you will go to jail?

is this true someone on youtube said so

37 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

they say its your right to vote and they cant force you to do that ever

its your human rights , look at the homeless ones they never vote

when you see them you can be in a group off 5000.000 and they eye pick the ones

they want to vote yes they will not pick anyone to vote , there are places all over the world that do not vote ..........really you can or cant

are they paying you nope

• 2 weeks ago

Go up to the White House and tell them you don't vote.  Now off you go to gaol.

• 4 weeks ago

Not in California YET!!!!!

• 1 month ago

I think it’s fake news  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Thankfully in the United States no

• garry
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

no , in australia and so some countries you get a fine , only `$100 , wow big deal , we even have politicians who have never voted .

• 1 month ago

Youtube is a great source for accurate information.  Depending on which country you are in, might be true.  North Korea, China, Russia might be some with this regulation.

• 1 month ago

It is called COMPULSORY VOTING and somewhere between 10% and 15% of countries have it.  Mexico and Australia I believe are two of them.

To my knowledge, none of them enforce it with jail, and indeed most do not enforce it at all, and for those that do it is usually only for certain elections, and there are a good number of exceptions that can be employed if needed (I was sick on voting day being one of them if you can get a doctor's note, proof of hardship of any kind, being beyond a certain distance from a voting location, etc.).

it is an interesting study for some people.  All forms of mandatory voting tend to favor liberal parties.  some studies have documented increases in liberal party votes from between 7-17% so changes to such laws can change the political landscape.

• 1 month ago

This is misinformation being spread online, something you must ignore. Please remember to always get all the correct information through official outlets.

• Ron75
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

In California only Illegals can vote three times and they won't go to jail if they don't vote. The Democrats are tearing down fences around cemeteries claiming they keep their voters locked in.

Ron 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.