Have journalists undermined their profession by  over-reliance on anonymous sources or helped it?

My anonymous sources tell me that it is crushing the little credibility that remains for the institution. 

If the media's anonymous sources are similar to Yahoo's anonymous sources, I feel like the question is answering itself. 

Favorite Answer

There is no question that the field of journalism has been diminished. What I find most amusing is when alleged "news" pages like Yahoo's use Twitter comments as actual articles. It's amateurish and lazy.

Undermined it.   They use "Anonymous" source with every story they do to bash someone.    Mostly been Trump.  People have caught on.

• bill

Journalism has lost most of its credibility. All tv channels repeat the same mantra . It's actually funny switching channels during the riots in Portland and the BLM protests and hearing every single news reader say 'peaceful protests' ad nauseum.

No Stan but the way things are going in the US with threats against those that oppose trump but love America and wants Justice for all citizens, something within makes you cautious of coming forward and identifying yourself to a Cult Of Psycho Nuts who believe wearing a mask takes away freedoms. This should be terrifying living in the time of a pandemic while some bully wants to knock science because he does not understand it at the level a president should. He make fun of Smart People because his monstrosity of an EGO is where he excels. He is full of himself and nothing else. See, why you should not eat Junk Food?

Just bury your head in the sand and scream "fake news" when you hear something you don't like. 

undermined..  I hate anon sources...  It means they can say whatever and get away with it..  They to bias now a days..

Journalists have very little credibility today. The ones at the BBC do not even do their own research. They rely on the rubbish in The Guardian.