If an incense stick burns at 1400 Degrees Fahrenheit (760 Celsius) why can’t it melt aluminium or inflict near instant third degree burns ? ?

Not just guessing ( personal experience ) my oven rack not element ! rack , causes nastier much burns at a fraction of those gradients of degrees , any insight ? I know it’s very small but still !

I doubt an incense stick burns at a temperature that high.  In fact, if you do a web search, you might find the temperature is 220° to 260° C. 

However, a sparkler can burn with even hotter temperatures. They are dangerous. When carelessly used, they do cause burns. They do start clothing on fire. 

• Zardoz

Fahrenheit 451

Incense are made of the same stuff as books.

Source(s): [n] = 10ⁿ
  • Gabe

Very small burn area

• John P

The burning area is very small. And does it really burn at 1400 F? The glow seems too dull for that temperature. Try to get date from an different source.

An oven rack is metal, and holds a lot of heat in its slim wires.

• CRR

I've walked on fire. The secret is that while hot the coals are a poor thermal conductor. Metal is a good thermal conductor. That's why for a brief contact you get burnt from metal but not coals.

Hint: Do not stop half way through your fire walk! You will get seriously burnt.

• IOM

Most regular incenses have burning temperatures that range between 220 to 260 degrees celsius.

Incense typically burns at between 220 and 260 degrees C.    If you think you are getting it up to 760 degrees you must be using it too often and I would probably cut back.