Willie
Lv 7
Willie asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

How many of you cook by using a recipe from a recipe book?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I use the cookbooks I have I also use binders that I have made that contain recipes that I have found, been given or made up.  I also have lots of magazines (Cook's Country, America's Test Kitchen) that I use. 

• 1 month ago

Cooking is an art to me and I love to cook food. To make delicious food, sometimes I take recipes from recipe books. 

• Cathy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I use recipes sometimes, other things I know how to make from making them many times. Some things have a long list of ingredients that I can't memorize and I always need the recipe for the ingredients and their amounts.

• 1 month ago

I like looking up new meals to cook in recipe books. But once I've made it enough times I usually wont need the recipe unless it's a baked good

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Most of what I make and cook is from a recipe. I cook nice food but I'm not a natural or talented cook so I have to follow a recipe although I might adapt it a bit over time.

• sam
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I am not good at cooking so i have to follow recipes even to make the most basic foods.

• Sathi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I’ve used Yummly a lot.

• I have a few cookbooks but mainly cook from memory or get new recipes online.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I generally use a recipe for the Types of ingredients, rather than the amounts, since i rarely measure anything. 

• CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Cookbooks are passe a google search and a recipe with a lot of positive reviews is usually a good bet.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.