Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesOther - Arts & Humanities · 1 month ago

Do you agree with the Partition of India? Why or why not?

• Ludwig

Yes, because there is no way that the Moslem population of the subcontinent would have been prepared to accept life in Nehru's evil empire.   India is likely to split again in the next few years, we hope it involves less bloodshed this time.

No I do not agree with the partition of India.

The Britsh repeatedly deployed partition as a means of solving perceived problems. Since the People who lived in India were capable of living under the same same legal, economic and political jurisdiction during the time when Britain ruled, it stands to reason that they could have done so under Indian rule.I accept that there would have been problems and teething troubles in a unitary State but since there were millions of deaths coupled with forced displacement due to partition; I believe that India should have been kept as a single country.The British partitioned Ireland in 1922, a hundred years ago. We are still living with the consequences.

Source(s): I worked in Malaysia after independence. I live in Ireland now.
  • John P

Since it happened a long time ago (just after I was born), and there have been many other controversial events in the world since then which have also caused the deaths of many people, possibly best to let that one lie, now.

Note that, going back in the history of India not so much further, there have been many times when that vast land has been divided up in ways which were different from how it now is. 

Yes. The hatred of Muslims. People need to understand the whole meaning of pure versus evil.

No. Its not good for people to be separated. There will be fighting. Muslims need to be pure. 

Yes. The British were pulling out which meant there would no longer be anybody to mediate and maintain order between the Muslims and Hindus. They were able to coexist peacefully thanks to the British but if there was no partition, the Hindus would have dominated the government and Muslims would have felt disenfranchised, and this would have probably led to a Civil War between them. 

I don't know really