Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 1 month ago

Do you agree that Larry Bird was better than Kawhi Leonard ?

• Nick

well yeah, Bird's a top 10 player all time. If Leonard plays at the level he's played at the last 2 years for another 4-5 years than we can reevaluate. As it is Leonard is still trying to earn a fair comparison.

Yes. You should hear some of the true stories about the stuff Larry did. He wouldn't just call his own shot, he'd tell the entire defense the exact play, tell them they couldn't stop it, then proceed to execute it. That's insane. One game the Celtics were losing by 11 going into the 4th, Larry goes into the huddle, says give me the ball and I'll win us the game, then does it. Another game he called every single shot he took in the 4th quarter.

I don't know but both are way better than Lebron

• Lester

Yes bird was way better

NO , WHO  WHA ?

I agree with You 

Larry Bird is the better player.

The game played today hardly resembles the game played in the 80's. Back then they got called for traveling, palming the ball and fouls. Hard to compare to today's players and game. 

The game has progressed so much it's hard to compare modern players with those in the 80s. I think Bird is a better shooter but Leonard is a better all-around player. 

Larry Bird was a great basketball player. It's hard to imagine anyone being better.