Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Will eating raw cookie dough kill me?

no..............................

No no. Just don't eat much. I know after making dough it's tough to resist thyself! I can feel you.

Potentially it can make you ill. 

The question is can it make you sick enough to kill you.  the answer is yes BUT only if the flour has been contaminated and or the eggs are contaminated. If you have a strong immune system then your body could fight off a case of salmonella. 

The chances of you having both flour and eggs that have been contaminated are slim. 

Your best bet if you want to eat raw cookie dough is to heat the flour to 160 degrees and omit the eggs in any cookie recipe. 

On the off chance there is a problem I would not want anyone that has a weakened immune system, is very young or elderly to eat raw cookie dough.

• kswck2

If you eat about 10 pounds in one sitting, you may well end up in the hospital, having your stomach pumped. But kill you? No. 

I remember raw cookie dough sandwiched between two warm cookies just out of the oven... OH killer.

These days salmonella will kill you which you can get from raw eggs in your raw cookie dough.

Oh hell no.  I used to eat raw cookie dough every time mom made cookies.  On thing though.  The dough can spoil quickly; so eat it before it does.

• sam

The odds are you won't die, I've eaten raw cookie dough many times and been fine. The risk is you could make yourself ill by eating raw eggs. If you make the dough with an egg substitute you should be completely fine.

i would hope not, dont eat it if youre not sure

• denise

No, I don't think so, as long as you don't eat too much at one time!

no, suprised you havent done this in your life already