Cheese does not go with seafood in general true or false?

I was just thinking that i have NEVER seen anykind of seafood meal that included cheese. Now i know there might be some few examples here and there but in general would you come to a conclusion that cheese on seafood does will not taste good and should not be on sea food period?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

The judges on "Chopped" once said cheese on seafood is normally a no-no. Lots of people (including myself) like seafood/cheese dishes. Here's a dish I wish I could afford to make:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/lob...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Fried fish sandwich goes well with cheddar cheese. I ate this sandwich growing up and the cheese helps :) the melted cheese on the fried fish and the tartar sauce do go very well i must say. 

• 1 month ago

You've "NEVER" seen a McDonalds Filet-O-Fish sandwich?!?!? They sell around 300 MILLION of them a year and they have cheese on them !!!! 300 MILLION ! WTF ?????????????????

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

well i had a ham and pineapple pizza with king prawns and it was great

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I think rules like this are ridiculous. If you LIKE something you should eat it--no matter what the "rules" say. If you want to put cheese on your tuna casserole, like I do, go ahead and do it. If you want a piece of salmon with a slice of swiss GO FOR IT.  Eat what makes you HAPPY. Ignore the rules. They are for tight-a**ed 'foodie' types who have nothing better to do than criticize everything everyone else eats. 

• 1 month ago

Always heard NO, but then look at McFish sandwiches, and those are actually tasty.

Other than that though,,, I wouldn't put even the most expensive cheese on poached salmon or anything else.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not at all. Lobster mac and cheese is a common dish, as is a seafood lasagna. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I often cod cod with a parmesan crust and there are other dishes that combine cheese and fish/seafood.

Thinking of it though, there are very few meat dishes that use cheese - a cheese burger is about the only common one.

Cheese has a strong taste.

• 1 month ago

Please don't take away my Shrimp Linguini Alfredo. Second to Carbonara (that also has Parmigiano in the sauce, It's my favorite.

• 1 month ago

I wouldn’t know because I don’t eat sea food of ANY kind, but I do like cheese.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.