Cheese does not go with seafood in general true or false?

I was just thinking that i have NEVER seen anykind of seafood meal that included cheese. Now i know there might be some few examples here and there but in general would you come to a conclusion that cheese on seafood does will not taste good and should not be on sea food period?

Favorite Answer

The judges on "Chopped" once said cheese on seafood is normally a no-no. Lots of people (including myself) like seafood/cheese dishes. Here's a dish I wish I could afford to make:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/lob...

Fried fish sandwich goes well with cheddar cheese. I ate this sandwich growing up and the cheese helps :) the melted cheese on the fried fish and the tartar sauce do go very well i must say. 

You've "NEVER" seen a McDonalds Filet-O-Fish sandwich?!?!? They sell around 300 MILLION of them a year and they have cheese on them !!!! 300 MILLION ! WTF ?????????????????

well i had a ham and pineapple pizza with king prawns and it was great

I think rules like this are ridiculous. If you LIKE something you should eat it--no matter what the "rules" say. If you want to put cheese on your tuna casserole, like I do, go ahead and do it. If you want a piece of salmon with a slice of swiss GO FOR IT.  Eat what makes you HAPPY. Ignore the rules. They are for tight-a**ed 'foodie' types who have nothing better to do than criticize everything everyone else eats. 

Always heard NO, but then look at McFish sandwiches, and those are actually tasty.

Other than that though,,, I wouldn't put even the most expensive cheese on poached salmon or anything else.

• kswck2

Not at all. Lobster mac and cheese is a common dish, as is a seafood lasagna. 

I often cod cod with a parmesan crust and there are other dishes that combine cheese and fish/seafood.

Thinking of it though, there are very few meat dishes that use cheese - a cheese burger is about the only common one.

Cheese has a strong taste.

Please don't take away my Shrimp Linguini Alfredo. Second to Carbonara (that also has Parmigiano in the sauce, It's my favorite.

I wouldn’t know because I don’t eat sea food of ANY kind, but I do like cheese.