Why did our Smoke Detector go off randomly? ?

It's 6AM right now, and all of my family (including me) woke up to our smoke detectors going off while saying 'fire'. There's no fire, and while we were awake they went off a second time. They haven't gone off since, but I don't know if it's concerning. 

We live in a new house that was built in April. Electric stove, no boiler. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Waterproofing Company in Toronto https://bitly.com/2SLbFVa

• 1 month ago

change the batteries then it will stop beaping

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Change the battery and see if that helps

• 1 month ago

Considering it is a new home then the smoke alarms are hard wired to each other. They possible have dust in them from the construction if they were not covered. Blow each one out withe canned dusts remover. If that does not solve your problem then one of them may be defective. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Droopy
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

hears a novel idea.  Maybe if yoursmoke detector goes an there no smoke. you might have a defective detector that you need to replace or change the battery in.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Smoke alarms are often hardwired so that if one goes off they all do. They also have a nine-volt battery as a back-up so that in the event of a power failure they still work. Intermittent chirping is an indication of batteries needing to be replaced. That should be done once a year. If they actually went off then there is some other problem with the system and you should have it checked out by a qualified electrician. Since the house is new it may still be under the builders' warranty.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.