How can anyone even fans have any respect for Tony Soprano (or Silvio) after he ratted on feech?

Tony convinced feech to keep some stolen tvs at his house then got his probation officer switch so it would look less suspicious and tipped off that parole officer. As much as I can't stand Phil letardo he was right in wiping out that family. They were not real Mafia family they were run by rats granted Phil didn't know he ratted but when he said either it has meaning or no meaning that ratting moment cane to mind. In real life cosa nostra he would have been killed if anyone confirm that

• SW-6

The better question here is why didn't someone seriously show AJ and Meadow what a beat down was - spoiled little BLANKS - and I can see why they had to deal with Feech the way they did.  Maybe wasn't the nicest thing to do, but if they didn't do something, Feech would have turned into a problem bigger than what Richie Aprile was becoming.  (I loved that show) :)