will i throw up when i take the covid-19 test?

this is a stupid question i know. but basically i have an extreme fear of vomiting, i literally have panic attacks about it and i’ll do anything to avoid throwing up. but i’ve been sick for about 3 days and my mom is booking me a covid test. i really don’t want to take one but i have no choice. so i’m just wondering if i will possibly throw up when i take one since i’ve heard it makes ppl do. thanks in advance sorry if this sounds stupid i just rlly dont wanna vomit

No idea, but it is an easy test

If you take the swab test, it will just tickle your nostrils a little bit! 10 seconds per nostril!

No Daisy.  I don't think you will throw up.  I have taken a covid-test and it's very easy and doesn't take that long. The only way you can throw up is if you or someone else sticks your or their fingers all the way down your throat.  But that won't happen in this case.  They use a small cotton swab and they only swipe it around the inside of you mouth, not shove it down your throat. So I'm sure you'll be ok.

Had one myself and I gotta say the one at back of the throat was fairly close to that.I had thought the nasal part would be the worst but wasn't.

I just had the covid test last Saturday.  She used a long swab for my throat and also for each nostril.  It all goes very quickly.  The throat one you say ahhh and she sticks the swab far back but I did NOT GAG and I think  I have a low tolerance for gagging. Same type of swab, first up one nostril and then the other.  Those were the bothersome ones for me!  Although it goes very quickly, to me, it felt like the swabs were going to enter my brain cavity!  I think I pulled away from the first nostril swab.  I have a sister who when she went for covid testing, was handed the kit and told to swab her own nose and she said she did not have to reach far in.  Soooo, IDK,  Both of us were negative.  Hers was for work and mine for a procedure this week.  Both of ours were in a parking lot drive thru.  In California you need your dr's consent.  My recommendation is you take the test.  Why guess if you have the virus or flu?  And when you are well, take the flu vaccine.  This coming fall and winter people will be ill and it will be a bit confusing until they test if they have the flu, virus or both!  Get protected as much as possible!

I took the covid-19 test twice, and I didn't vomit. You could either take the test from within your mouth, or from within your nose. I had one test done in my mouth, and another in my nose. I was in a little bit of pain after doing the nose test, but I was not in any pain after doing the mouth test.

If I remember correctly each test lasted about 3 - 5 seconds. It could be a little bit longer, but each test was done pretty fast.

I actually don't recommend you take the test if you feel like vomiting now. Someone has to swap inside your mouth, and nobody would be able to do that if you have the urge to vomit. I don't remember what went up my nose, but I do remember it hurting a little bit.

My results were both negative.

Anyway I am not convinced you are infected, so I don't know why your mom wants you to take the test. The covid-19, or coronavirus is contagious, so if you were truly infected then your mom would probably be infected too.

I assume there is nothing wrong with your mom, so if nothing is wrong with your mom then I suggest you go see a walk in doctor, or family doctor. Sometimes I get sick too, and it's perfectly normally, for a human being to get sick.

Stick a cotton bud up your nose and one to the back of your throat, will that make you vomit? No different from that and over quicker than the time it took you to read my answer.

I would not think so but it may depend on what test they might give you. Some take nasal swabs, others use saliva from you mouth. Some are an antibody test that is done from blood samples. 

.

My question is why does your mom want you to take the test? Have you shown any symptoms? If you haven't then the test may be a waste of time.

Very unlikely.

The test will take about 30 seconds.

I’m eating pork chops and apple sauce.