What can a person do with my license plate number?

I was going kind of fast, and this old lady took a picture of my plate, and probably called the police. Any help on if I am ok?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

The police will not act on this as there is no proof that you were speeding. They will thank the old lady and take no action regarding this. However, should they receive frequent complaints from others about you they may decide to watch your actions, particularly in a small town.

• car253
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nothing happens for going fast.   But if your drinking and driving, only then police may try to find out.   If police didn't go to your home already your safe.

• garry
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

the police should do nothing , after all they never where there and couldnt take the picture , only legal if she is a police woman on duty , a judge wouldnt even hear the cops anyway , you have nothing to worry about .the law has rules and a cop must take the picture .

• 1 month ago

No one can press charges against you for speeding unless you are caught by the police. The police are unlikely to come after you for speeding they didn't track or record, especially on the report from a pedestrian. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • May
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

How in the h3ll would we know if you are "O.K." or not?

Duh....They walk among us....

• 1 month ago

Don't let it bother you.  No one will do anything.

• lj1
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Ignore the answers saying that your vehicle will be tagged in the police database now. That's simply not true.

Police don't pursue reports of someone being cut off in traffic or "going kind of fast." They might investigate if she reports it as road rage, drunk driving, etc, but they have to witness you speeding before they will do anything. The old woman is probably some self-important Karen who takes pictures of license plates for any perceived infraction.

• CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not really anything that can be done, anyone could have been driving the car, she didn't have a legal radar detector and the police have better things to do. WORST case if there were several reports an officer might come around asking questions and verbally warn the owner of the car but still highly unlikely unless you live in Mayberry RFD.

• 1 month ago

She can report you, but it is not going to go anywhere.  The picture might scare you into going slower, which is all she can ask .

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Wait and see the police may come banging on you door.😉

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.