Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsOther - News & Events · 1 month ago

Why does Eddie Murphy have an Irish name?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Because black people have no culture 

• Both he and the Irish are mindless bigots.

It's possible there's a connection

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

grand father was Irish...........................

• 4 weeks ago

Because if he had a German name it would seem weird.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Harry Lewis Gates Jr has proved with DNA testing that NO male line y DNA survived Slavery. ALL male bloodlines among African Americans were replaced by the White slaveowners. Any African y dna in the United States is from African immigrants after 1865. You point out that Eddy Murphy has a European surname but in fact can't name one African surname in the United States from before the Civil War. Obama's father came from Kenya in the 1900s. And people don't think African people even HAD surnames in Africa or probably Human language or reading and writing. In fact that got erased with their original names, yes they had NAMES, by the mistreatment and systematic degradation. You deny it, then you TRY it. Don't think it was that bad, then just YOU try experiencing it and see. See. @Newello slaves took the names of their masters BECAUSE they were their fathers.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because he has Irish ancestry like many Americans do. 

Ethnicity and Nationality are different things.

• 1 month ago

In the early days of civilization no one had last names even far back to Adam & Eve.  Lot's of black folks today with names like Jackson, Washington & Lee ect, have names that came from slavery days. When the slaves were freed they took their slave owners last names.  Example: also in the old days when a guy named John had a baby boy his son was referred to as John's son so eventually the name "Johnson" evolved like many others also by their type of work like lot's of other names we have today.  Baker, Woodson, Robertson ect. Most names today come from other names evolved from other countries as well to simplify them especially in the US. I'm not sure but with Eddie Murphy his name might be something that was picked just for promotion & recognizability. Lot's of Hollywood's actor names are not their real names even today.

• paul c
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Like most people, Eddie got his Murphy from his Dad. Charles Murphy.

If you really think about it, do you know for sure where your last name came from.? 

I can go back 600 years and as I do my ancestors have a lot of different surnames. 

With that in mine, Eddie Murphy's last name is just the name that he ended up with. 

If Charles Murphy was the only son with 2 sisters, Eddies cousins have 2 different last names. My point is last names  don't mean much.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because he had a grandfather that was actually Irish.

• 1 month ago

Black Irish............/

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That's his slave name. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.