Every electric fan that I use gets malfunctioned after a few months, can anyone tell me how to fix this issue?

I only use an electric fan in my room for ventilation, i use it roughly 3 hours in the day and leave it up all night when i sleep and had no issues. After a few months, i would turn the fan on and the blades wouldnt spin (but the fan is humming indicating that it is turned on). I tried oiling it up many times and would work if i take it apart and assemble it again. Every electric fan that I have used in my room had the same issue, and would get destroyed after a few months. My guess is that maybe my sockets have electricity issues? Like the voltage and stuff. And please can anyone determine what is happening to my fan and what should i do to fix it when it happens again. thanks so much!

• GA41
    Favorite Answer

A single phase motor has a capacitor in the circuit.  Normally, when the fan hums but won't turn it indicates that the capacitor has failed.  It does not have enough torque to get the blades rolling.  I suspect if you give the blades a little push in the right direction, the fan will continue to rotate.  If this is the case, then I think your problem is a bad capacitor.  Why the capacitor is failing, I cannot say.  However, if the fan will run with a slight push of the blades, you could operate the fan.  You'd just have to give the blades a little push to get it started.

I would take it back where I bought it.

• garry

does help to tighten up the nut that holds the blades on .

YOU are the issue that needs fixed.

There is absolutely no way to tell if you have electricity issues unless you consult a real electrician. There MIGHT be voltage issues, socket issues, shorts in your wiring or you might just be buying fans that are very cheaply made and not designed to be used all night long or even for a few weeks. GET A PROFESSIONAL OPINION. This forum is not going to be able to tell what's wrong. 

yuo have to many devices /things on one circute wich your fann is  straining its self over amping thus causing the circut to heat  upmthe weakest  device try   not plugging in so many diveces on that circute or  have annelectrician comme out and put a bigger  breaker in for that  circut if your circut nbox can  handle  it that should do the trick if not quit buyinng piece of **** fans buy American Made if possible

Source(s): im the greatest home mainten annce guy ever

Get a good one and not a 5 dolla one from China. I have actually used the same fan for almost 20 years no on almost a daily and nightly basis for 6 to 10 hours and it still works fine... BUT I DID NOT GET THE CHEAPEST FAN I COULD FIND EITHER.

made in china fans like headphones have mousewhisker wires that break after a few weeks,,go blooey,a switch breaks,a shorted connection,, visit thrift shops,,get a steel small one that lasted 60 years,and still works,,test it in the store,I bought one from a thrift shop for cooling my hot running receiver amp finned blades,,the thing smoked out the amp,in this case I ought to have tested it for longer than I did

• L

Stop buying cheap electrical fans.  Spend more money and it will last longer.

Because the cheap, shitty fans from China only last that long unless you oil them. I have a similar piece of **** like that.

"if i take it apart and assemble it" -- suggests the bearings are getting full of dirt.  that suggests one of two things ... a) your house needs a filter system in the central a/c or heat to remove dirt in the air, or b) you keep buying cheap fans at the discount place.