gio asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

I do the Omad diet and bike 6 hours a day and still don’t loose weight?

I’m a 6’2 male and I only eat one meal a day (granted they aren’t the best meals but no snack food or dessert) I bought a stationary bike awhile back and use it 6 hours or more daily mostly light with sprinkles of moderate intensity. I was 300 lbs and I’m down to 245 but it’s been three months and I still have no results since hitting 245. It is really frustrating and I feel like I’m doing a lot for nothing. I also do landscaping for about 6 hours a day so i know it not that I’m not active enough I don’t know what else I can do to get results please help am I doing to much and it’s working in reverse? 

• .

Make a lifestyle change. 80% of fat loss is about what you eat, so that’s more important than exercise. Any "diet" you go on may help you lose some weight but you'll tend to gain it back if you go back to your previous ways. Unhealthy diets also can cause weight loss of tissue other than fat (such as muscle, especially if your calorie intake is too low). Use a calculator like this one https://www.freedieting.com/calorie-calculator to determine about what your calorie intake should be. You can lose UP TO 3 lbs per week in a healthy manner, but 1 - 2 lbs is much more doable and easier to maintain long term. Remember that as your activity level and/or your weight changes, your calorie needs change too. So, check the calculator as your weight goes down or your activity goes up or down, so you continue to consume calories at a level that will help induce fat loss.

.

Eat a healthy well-balanced diet at least 80% of the time...keep junk food, fast food, sweets, sodas, etc to a bare minimum (the occasional treat if you feel the need). Avoid as much processed food as you can. Focus on lean protein, fruits and veggies, complex carbs, healthy fats and and plenty of water. Keep your calories at a healthy level when working to lose fat. Cardio exercise is ideal for burning some extra calories. If you don't have an exercise program you want to use, youtube has TONS of fitness videos you can check out, not to mention just getting outdoors and going for a walk, run, or bike ride.

.

When you reach your goal, simply modify your calorie intake and/or exercise to allow you to maintain your weight instead of continuing to lose.